Did you reach the end of the year without getting away from your desk to learn something new? Has your travel and education budget been cut but you still want to get some new ideas? Do you need AIA Learning Units to meet your requirements for continuing education before years’ end? From November 15 to December 15, 2016 you will have every opportunity to learn with the Traditional Building Conference Series and the Traditional Building Online Education Center.
One of the best parts of developing the education programs is working with people who work in the traditional building field and want to share their expertise. The instructors are some of the best pros in the world working in historic preservation, traditional building and neoclassicism.
The webinars are available live and they are free of charge. Here’s the schedule:
Properties and Performance of Vacuum Insulated Glazing with Kyle Sword, Pilkington North America – Tuesday, November 15, 2 pm ET
Bronze, Cast Iron, and Cast Aluminum: Properties, Preservation, and Performance with Robert Baird, Historical Arts and Casting – Thursday, November 17, 2 pm ET
Traditional Windows and Historic Settings: Details. Details. Details with Steve Lien, Marvin Windows and Doors – Thursday, December 1, 2 pm ET
A Sustainable Tradition: Storm Windows with David Martin, Allied Window, Inc. – Tuesday, December 13, 2 pm ET
Historic Clay Tile: Why and How to Use it With Tab Colbert, Ludowici – Thursday, December 15, 2 pm ET
The Washington, DC, Conference is December 6 and 7 and you can register three different ways to accommodate your schedule: ½ day, one day or both days. Topics included in the last conference series stop for 2016 include:
- Designing the Classical Residential Interior with James S. Collins
- Traditional Doors: A Master Class on Craft, Form and Function with Brent Hull, Hull Historical
- The Perfect Room - Preservation and Technology - Managing Change in the Maryland Senate Chamber with David Overholt, and Thomas Whitmore
- Restoring & Repairing Cast Iron: Methods for Refurbishing and Restoring Cast Iron at the US Capitol Dome Restoration Project with Robert Baird, Historical Arts and Casting
- Historic Windows Rehabilitation: When to Repair and How to Replace with Chick McBrien, Marvin Windows and Doors
- Local and Traditional Materials and Methods: A Global Perspective INTBAU USA Session with Michael Mehaffy, Ethan Anthony, Nir Buras and Joanna Alimanestianu
- Christopher Newport Hall –Traditional Materials; Contemporary Methods 2016 Palladio Winner - New Traditional Construction over 30,000 square feet with Lori Snyder Garrett and Randall Holmes, Jr. from Glavé and Holmes
You can register for the webinars or the DC Conference at www.traditionalbuilding.com or www.traditionalbuildingshow.com. If you have questions about the educational programs, feel free to email me at email@example.com or call 802.674.6752.
See you in person or online!