The Unico System is the dominant choice for centrally heating and air conditioning homes with no pre-existing ductwork. In addition, Unico is fast becoming the number one choice of specifying professionals in custom home applications. Once a HVAC contractor understands The Unico System Rules Of Installation, applications are only limited by your imagination.
The small-duct, high performance heating and air conditioning system architects and builders love.
All across the United States and Canada, architects, builders, interior designers and specifying professionals are using the Unico System in their custom build and retrofit HVAC applications. Whether the installation is a retrofit of an existing home, historic preservation, new custom home, commercial application or unique solution, the Unico System delivers superior indoor comfort and humidity control while preserving the architectural integrity of the structure.
The small-diameter, flexible ducting weaves under floorboards and between walls, eliminating the need for bulky, intrusive ductwork. Heating and cooling is delivered quietly and draft-free. Unico’s new iSeries outdoor unit features a high SEER rating for energy efficiency, and can be connected to high-wall units or air handlers or both. This offers greater flexibility in the design phase, leading to better solutions for the end user.
The Unico System is featured in numerous well-known historic homes, including:
- Lincoln’s summer cottage in Washington, D.C.
- The Petersen House (where Lincoln was taken after he was shot)
- Harry Truman’s “Little White House” in Key West
The system is currently being installed in the Hemingway House in Key West.
Unico is an active participant in the following:
- Member of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Founding member of the Society for Historic American Homes
- Training partner for the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Challenge Home helping to shape the future of housing with net zero energy-ready homes.
- Member, U.S. Green Building Council
Unico trains and certifies contractors who are dedicated to ongoing and detailed high-level training on the Unico System product line. Unico guarantees its system performance when installed by Unico Certified Installers.