Restorer, conserver & designer of decorative finishes, ornamental plaster & wood: historic paint analysis; plaster consolidation & stabilization; decorative paint, murals, interior & exterior gilding, wood graining, metal & stone cleaning.
John Canning & Co. specializes in ornamental painting and church decoration in the tradition of the British Craftsmen.
The company was established in 1976 by John Canning, and incorporated in 1986. Canning, has over 40 years experience in the Decorative Painting and Conservation field. The firm has worked extensively with Architects, Interior Designers, and Historic Consultants on public and private projects. John Canning & Co. has won national awards and has appeared in several books and periodicals on both sides of the Atlantic.
The scope of services includes:
- the investigation, uncovering, and documentation of original schemes and finishes
- creation of new designs and colour schemes suitable to historic interiors
- conservation and reconstruction of damaged or missing artwork
- plaster repair and stabilization
- architectural woodwork repair and refinishing.
- Trompe l'oeil, gold leafing, glazing, and stencilling are just a few of the techniques used.
We would be pleased to discuss our services with you, or any upcoming projects that may require our skills.