John Canning & Co. can assist in all stages of your restoration, conservation or preservation projects from concept through implementation. Beside trade services John Canning & Co. also provides design services for sacred spaces and period interiors, preconstruction services and planning such as budgeting and specification support and consultation services that include historic paint analysis, plaster surveys, and mockups. John Canning & Co. specializes in many different areas including ornamental painting and church decoration in the tradition of the British Craftsmen.
The company was established in 1976 by John Canning, and incorporated in 1986. Canning, has over 40 years experience in the Decorative Painting and Conservation field. The firm has worked extensively with Architects, Interior Designers, and Historic Consultants on public and private projects. John Canning & Co. has won national awards and has appeared in several books and periodicals on both sides of the Atlantic.
The type of projects that they work on across the nation include national landmarks, religious establishments, educational institutions, government buildings, museums, theatres and entertainment venues.
The scope of services includes:
- the investigation, uncovering, and documentation of original schemes and finishes
- creation of new designs and colour schemes suitable to historic interiors
- conservation and reconstruction of damaged or missing artwork
- plaster repair and stabilization
- architectural woodwork repair and refinishing.
- decorative painting techniques including trompe l'oeil, gold leafing, glazing, marbleizing, faux bios and stenciling